The average maximum daytime temperature in Udaipur in August is a warm 28°C (82°F) with moderate heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 5 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 35% of the 13 hours of daylight. The weather in August in Udaipur is wet (with 364mm of precipitation over 24 days).
Udaipur airport, also known as Dabok airport or Maharana Pratap airport is well connected with daily nonstop flights to and from Jaipur, New Delhi & Mumbai. We recommend you to check your favourite airlines' schedule to ensure that you arrive on time.
Uber has established extensive operations in Udaipur and their cabs are easily available through their mobile application. You can also download the mobile application for ‘Ola Cabs’ on your smartphone and easily get around the city using their comfortable cars. Tuk-tuks (Auto rickshaws) are also easily and frequently available at tourist spots.
The Fest venue is The City Palace, Udaipur which is 30 minutes from Udaipur Airport. We have tied up with various hotels in the city and a full residential package is up on offer under our ‘Register’ section, however, if you chose to make your own arrangements then there are hundreds of options for hotels in Udaipur. They vary significantly in size, style, location, and price. You are welcome to choose one that suits you and make your arrangements directly with the hotel. If you are making your own choice, we recommend staying near the scenic lakes.
We'll shortly publish details of #SGEF2018 affiliated hotels, (Near SGEF2018 Venue) and the best prices on reservations for our esteemed delegates.
India offers a convenient eVisa facility for international travellers where they can secure a paperless visa online.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have a return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
All visiting delegates to ScooNews Global Education Fest are solely responsible for ensuring they have the correct visa or permission to enter India.